The stud is built on 180 acres of lush and fertile pasture on the outskirts of the village of Burghclere. The dedicated land management team, with our agronomist consultant, Paul Overton and the stud team comprising of Andy, Simon and Paul ensure the stud is blooming all year around.
The undercover manege and nursery paddocks enable your mare and foal to stretch their legs in all weather conditions.
- Our two American barns house 66 boxes, some of which are larger to cater for mares and foals.
- Four 14 x 26 foaling boxes, each equipped with CCTV. We also have a night watchman who sits up every night throughout the foaling season.
- Two large indoor pens for turning out recuperating horses who are, perhaps, still on limited exercise. They are also ideal over the winter for stabling the weanlings/yearlings together in more natural groups.
We have a state of the art veterinary room, with a leading vet who visits the stud first thing every morning throughout the stud season.
Weigh scales are located here on site which enable us to monitor growth and development closely.
Heatherwold Stud has 130 acres of well maintained pasture land, all surrounded by post and rail fencing. All paddocks have either field shelters or established hedges for protection. We also have eight nursery paddocks which can also be used for recuperating horses.
SALES PREPARATION FACILITIES
- A 5 horse Claydon horse walker with rubber floors.
- A covered lunge pen.
- Off road tracks for walking in hand.
We have our own transport, which is a 6 horse lorry ensuring safe travel to and from different stud farms across the country.